Before you apply for an Ab Nicholas Scholarship, check that you meet the following requirements.
- Complete a Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) form at www.fafsa.ed.gov to be submitted to the school you plan to attend.
- Have a financial aid officer from the school complete a Financial Aid Worksheet.
Each year we’ll award up to 60 scholarships – $10,000 for a student in a four-year program, and $5,000 for a student in a two-year program. You can renew scholarships annually for the length of the program, for a total of $40,000/$10,000.
You may also apply for and receive other financial aid. Student athletes who participate in NCAA Division I, II or III athletics will not be eligible to receive an Ab Nicholas Scholarship.
- You must be a graduate of a Wisconsin public high school.
- You must attend a University of Wisconsin System school as a full-time student (at least 12 credits), enrolled in a two-year or four-year program.
- To renew your scholarship, you must maintain performance consistent with the original award criteria, including a GPA of 2.0 or better.
You must be a bona fide resident of Wisconsin.