Applications are available online only and must be submitted to the Ab Nicholas Scholarship Foundation. The annual application period is February 1 to April 30 for the 2014-2015 school year.
Please read through the entire process before beginning. You’ll see we have provided needed information, forms and worksheets for you and the University of Wisconsin System school(s) you are applying to.
Pre-registration Requirement Check List
- Check to see that the school(s) you are applying to are eligible for the Ab Nicholas Scholarship.
- Check to see that you meet all scholarship requirements.
- Complete a Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form available at www.fafsa.ed.gov and submit it to the University of Wisconsin System school(s) of your choice – meeting each school’s requirements and deadlines.
- Have your Student or Campus ID number readily available for each of the eligible schools you are applying to.
Step 1: Ab Nicholas Scholarship Registration – available online only
1A. Complete the Ab Nicholas registration form, online.
1B. Upon receiving an email confirmation of your registration, you will be asked to verify your email address in order to activate your account.
1C. Once you activate your account, you will be able to login and will automatically be directed to the Financial Aid Worksheet (FAW).
Step 2: Financial Aid Worksheet (FAW) – Request to Financial Aid Office
2A. Select the school(s) you are applying to and enter your Student or Campus ID.
2B. Submit the Financial Aid Worksheet (FAW) request. Important – in doing so, you are giving permission to the Financial Aid Office of the school to access your FAFSA file.
2C. The Financial Aid Office will use your FAFSA information to complete the Financial Aid Worksheet (FAW) and will submit the completed form directly to the Ab Nicholas Scholarship Foundation on your behalf.
Step 3: Complete an Ab Nicholas Scholarship Application
You can access this form at any time by using your login from your registration to the site in Step 1. You may want to complete this in one sitting or over a number of days. The deadline for accepting an application is April 30, 2014.
SCHOLARSHIPS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED FOR THOSE APPLICANTS WHO HAVE COMPLETED ALL THREE STEPS:
- Request sent to Financial Aid Office(s)
Due to NCAA financial aid regulations, individuals who receive a Nicholas Foundation Scholarship will not be permitted to participate in intercollegiate athletics at any NCAA Division I, II or III institution.